Starting pay: $25.60 with a $1000.00 sign on bonus after the completion of 180 day probation!
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? At the North Central Correctional Complex in Marion, Oh, we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain the treatment and valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 10 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full time opportunities available for many positions.
Reports directly to the substance abuse supervisor. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an effective Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Alcohol and Drug Abuse (AOD) program with emphasis placed on awareness, prevention, staff training and networking with community resources in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections (ODRC) directives.
- Develop a system to promote the coordination and integration of the substance abuse treatment components with other facility programs.
- Assess inmates with identified substance abuse problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problem(s) by working with inmates, counselors, instructors and the mental health consultant, as appropriate.
- Ensure documentation of all inmates' assessments and plans are in the inmates' recovery services records regarding substance abuse problem(s).
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members in the substance abuse area with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance abuse programs, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the facility.
- Conduct substance abuse and tobacco cessation classes, group educational, peer support and other treatment sessions for inmates.
- Encourage awareness of substance abuse issues throughout the facility.
- Develop linkages with community resources for substance abuse services.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Required: Must hold current certification of credentials in the one of the following: Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor II (LCDC II)- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III (LCDC III)- Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC)- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) by state of Ohio Counselor & Social Worker Board- Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC) by state of Ohio Counselor & Social Worker Board. - Professional Counselor (PC) by state of Ohio Counselor & Social Worker Board - Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by state of Ohio Counselor & Social Worker Board. -Licensed Physician by state of Ohio Medical Board. - Licensed Psychologist by state of Ohio Board of Psychology. - Registered Nurse by Ohio Board of Nursing. - Psychology Assistant as defined in paragraph (B) (14) of Ohio Administrative Rule 3793:2-1-11. One (1) year related experience preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.