At American Family Insurance Claims Services (AFICS, Inc.), we're embarking on a transformation of our claims capabilities to put customers at the center of what we do best - protecting and restoring their dreams when they need us most. We're using our expertise, technology and new ways of working to reinvent one of America's largest industries-creating positive impact that empowers our customers, communities, and company to succeed. We are problem solvers who ask important questions and handle challenges big and small. Together, we change what's expected of insurance.
You will investigate and maintain property claims. Determine liability, secure information, reviews coverages, write estimates, and settle claims. You will work in the field and report to the Property Claim Manager. You will work in the field and handle homeowner property field claims in the Dayton, OH area, and a company fleet vehicle is provided.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
- Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Investigates origin and cause of claims by contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc..
- Identifies complex issues and seeks assistance as needed. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple policies types and numerous endorsements.
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages, and handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys, public adjusters.
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws, declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all parties for assigned losses.
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex claims.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements related to casualty coverages.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim handling process.
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as required.
Property field claims adjusting experience and Xactimate proficiency preferred.
The candidate(s) selected for this role will be employed by AFICS, Inc. (American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc.), an affiliate of American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
We provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed above. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!