Columbus School for Girls (CSG) is an independent day school in Columbus, Ohio, founded in 1898, serving diverse students in grades pre-k through grade 12. CSG empowers girls to discover their distinct potential as learners and leaders. As a leader in the education of girls and young women, it is a vibrant community of more than 540 students, 135 faculty and staff, and 2,500 active alumnae. CSG's 8-acre academic campus in the beautiful Bexley neighborhood is a ten-minute drive from downtown Columbus, a city bustling with artistic, civic, and shopping experiences. Having just completed a strategic plan to guide the School's direction over the next several years, CSG offers an exceptional, student-centered academic experience with strong offerings in the arts, an impressive athletic program, and a health and wellness curriculum that is unique in Central Ohio. This combination of academics and skills ensures that CSG students will be well prepared for life beyond CSG.
Columbus School for Girls seeks to hire motivated individuals to serve in the role of Lifeguard
. Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- General supervision and safety of students and patrons of the aquatic facility
- Maintaining order on the pool deck and in the water
- Monitoring designated areas to recognize signs of danger
- Responding to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning and conducting swift water rescues
- Performing first aid procedures
- Responsible for pool operation including scheduled chemical testing
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of all areas
- Perform various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility
- Responsible for completing accident reports
- Responsible for cleaning and trash removal at the end of the shift
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned
Hourly rate: $12
Requirements Experience, Characteristics, Qualities:
- Current lifeguard certification or willingness to get certified or renewed through CSG
- Current background check or willingness to obtain one
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this specific position including a resume.
Columbus School for Girls celebrates the diversity of our school and local communities including race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our educational program, admissions, financial aid program, staff hiring, and other school-administered programs .