Nature of Work
Provides clerical and administrative support for the Planning and Development and Code Enforcement Departments. This position consists of clerical duties, which involves moderately complex work methods and problems and requires skilled typing and computer usage. Significant interaction is required with citizens, contractors and the general public.
Scope of Selection Process
1. Oral Interview
4. Consumer Credit Assessment
2. Employment/Reference Verification
5. Driving Record Verification
3. Education/Credential Verification
6. Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- High school diploma; Associates degree with coursework in bookkeeping, office administration or keyboarding preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in planning, zoning, development and/or code enforcement preferably in the public sector.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Experience in performing secretarial and clerical work of a progressively responsible nature including accurately recording/reporting fees and related payments.
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Experience working in a municipal environment desired.
- Maintains a full understanding of City and departmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Professionally and promptly greets visitors. Answers telephone and provides general information to customers or directs callers/visitors to the appropriate staff person.
- Acts as one of the primary customer service representatives for the city.
- Opens and sorts incoming mail and prepares bulk mailings following office procedures.
- Functions as the primary contact for office copiers and other office equipment; ensures office equipment is in working order and performs minor troubleshooting exercises. Also performs routine maintenance on office equipment and stocks routine supplies, such as paper, ink, etc. Orders office equipment and supplies.
- Prepares for public hearing process and attends evening meetings for the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, and Parks and Recreation Committee
- Acts as Secretary to maintain minutes for the Boards according to Roberts Rules of Order
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars for Department Director.
- Receives, processes and maintains permits/records.
- Maintains yearly records retention and disposition of all records within the Department of Planning & Development and preserves historical records.
- Establishes, maintains and retrieves information from a filing system.
- Processes purchase orders, invoices and other documents requiring knowledge of office procedures. Maintains files.
- Reviews documents for accuracy, obtains necessary signatures, and routes documents as appropriate. Maintains cross-index records.
$17.76-$24.43 (eligible for paid overtime)
Applications must be completed and submitted with a resume by the closing date. For online applications visit https://trotwood.org/human-resources/employment/. Closing date to apply is 3/22/2023.
The City of Trotwood is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.