Accreditation/Business Manager- Fire & Rescue Department
The City of Trotwood Fire & Rescue Department is accepting employment applications for Accreditation/Business Manager. This is a non-sworn position responsible for managing and ensuring compliance for the Fire & Rescue Department’s certification/accreditation process, and serves as the Department’s Business Manager. The encumbent is the Department’s primary liaison with the Commission on Public Safety Excellence (CPSE) on certification/accreditation matters and must obtain/maintain training require for CPSE certification.
The incumbent manages the business affairs of the Fire & Rescue Department with the assistance of the Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief including working in functional areas such as: budgeting, purchasing and procurement.
1. High degree of self-initiation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
2. Effective organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
3. Ability to plan organize and complete assignments in a timely fashion.
4. Ability to delegate appropriate assignments throughout the agency and enforce deadlines.
5. Effective writing skills.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Ability to train agency personnel as needed.
8. Ability to resolve problems and noncompliance issues.
9. Ability to think creatively to achieve compliance with challenging standards.
10. Ability to attend business meetings and training programs conducted by the Commission on Public Safety Excellence (CPSE).
11. Strong Microsoft office skills.
12. Ability to implement Six Sigma methodologies to ensure continuous improvement of departmental operations that reflect City of Trotwood customer services guidelines.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
An Associate Degree in a business-related field and/or equivalent number of year’s job experience in the field.
$21.16 - $28.16/hour (May negotiate depending on individual qualifications and experience).
Applicants interested in applying may visit our website at: www.trotwood.org/Human-Resources to access the: Employment Application and additional recruitment information. Applications must be submitted online or mailed to: City of Trotwood - Human Resources Department, 3035 Olive Road, Trotwood, OH 45426. Application deadline is Friday, November 25, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
The City of Trotwood is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.